Did your child recently suffer injuries in an accident in Destin, Floria? Now is the time to learn about your legal rights and options. Your child may be entitled to compensation for the cost of their medical treatment, future care, loss of income, and suffering.
The experienced Destin child injury lawyers at Brannon & Brannon Personal Injury Attorneys can help your family stand up and fight for every cent you deserve.
Since 1990, Brannon & Brannon Personal Injury Attorneys has been helping young injury victims and their families make sense of the traumatic accidents that forever change their worlds.
Collectively, our award-winning Florida litigators have 60+ years of experience and have won millions in life-changing financial awards on behalf of clients like you.
We’re ready to help you fight back against the insurance company and negligent parties. Don’t hesitate to contact our law office in Destin, FL, to get us in your corner. A member of our legal team is always available to set up a time for a free, no-obligation case evaluation, so call us today at (850) 842-2573.
How Brannon & Brannon Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help If Your Child is Hurt in an Accident in Destin, FL
An injury during childhood can fundamentally change the course of a person’s life forever. When that injury is the result of another person’s negligent or wrongful actions, the child (and their family) should not be left to bear the burdens on their own.
However, insurance companies and at-fault parties won’t be eager to make things right. That’s where our Destin personal injury lawyers can help. When you trust Brannon & Brannon Personal Injury Attorneys with your child’s injury case, you give your family the time and space it needs to concentrate on your child’s recovery.
While you take care of your injured child, our top-rated legal team will:
- Answer all of your case-related questions and keep you informed throughout the process
- Carefully investigate the details of the accident that caused your child’s injury
- Determine who is at fault and, therefore, financially responsible for the resulting trauma
- Work closely with medical professionals, rehabilitation specialists, vocational experts, and other professionals as we work to calculate what your child’s injury case is worth
- Gather evidence that can be used to support and strengthen a claim for damages
- Defend against potential claims that your child is responsible for their injuries
- Aggressively negotiate the terms of a settlement with terms that are favorable for your family
- Prepare to reject unreasonable offers and litigate your child’s lawsuit in Okaloosa County, if necessary
At Brannon & Brannon Personal Injury Attorneys, we represent injured children and their families on a contingency fee basis. It costs absolutely nothing to get our top-rated child injury lawyers in your corner unless we win or settle your case.
Call our law office in Destin, FL, to learn more. Your first consultation is 100 percent free.
We Handle All Types of Child Injury Cases in Destin
Childhood injuries are a part of life. In fact, the CDC reports that a child is treated for an unintentional injury in emergency rooms across the nation every four seconds.
Many times, the injuries children sustain are severe or, worse, fatal. CDC data reveals that one child dies every hour because of an avoidable injury. Roughly one out of every five childhood deaths is the result of an injury.
While children can – and do – get hurt for just about any reason under the sun, there are some leading causes.
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Sexual assault
- Institutional abuse
- Sport injuries
- RV accidents
- Boating accidents
- Food poisoning
- Defective toys and products
- School accidents
- Daycare negligence
- Accidents involving attractive nuisances and other matters of premises liability
- Birth injury
- Medical malpractice
Don’t hesitate to contact our Destin child injury attorneys after a devastating accident. We’ll be there to help you make sense of your options and put together a strategy to secure financial accountability for your child’s trauma.
Children Can Suffer Catastrophic, Life-Changing Injuries
No matter how a child is injured, the resulting consequences have the potential to change the course of their life forever. After all, they’re still growing and developing. Any disruptions to these natural processes can be devastating.
At Brannon & Brannon Personal Injury Attorneys, we represent children who have sustained the following injuries in accidents in and around Destin, Florida:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Nerve damage
- Eye injury
- Dental injury
- Vision or hearing loss
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Broken bones
- Sprains, strains, and bruising
- Joint injury
- Crushing injury
No amount of money can ever make up for the sudden and unexpected loss of a child. However, our wrongful death attorneys can help you fight for justice and closure if you’ve recently suffered the death of a child in an avoidable accident in Destin, FL.
Reach out to our compassionate team to discuss your legal rights today.
How Much Is My Child’s Personal Injury Case Worth?
Every child will walk away from an accident on their own terms. Some will shake it off relatively soon after they’ve healed, while others will struggle with the pain and trauma of their accident for the rest of their lives.
Some kids will need a lot of acute care but have a relatively unaffected future. Others will require ongoing medical treatment and rehabilitative care forever.
Suffice to say, the value of every child’s personal injury case is unique.
Many factors will ultimately dictate how much money can be awarded in a claim or lawsuit:
- The child’s age at the time of the accident
- The type of injury (or injuries) the child suffered in the accident
- Whether or not the child will make a full recovery or will be diagnosed with a permanent disability
- How the child’s injury (and trauma of the incident) will affect their ability to work in the future
- Special skills that may have been adversely affected by the accident and resulting injury
- Whether the child’s life expectancy is going to be impacted by the accident
The more an accident changes the projected path of the child’s life – and the more that child suffers – the more money they can typically expect to receive in a personal injury lawsuit.
Contact our child injury attorneys in Destin to learn more. We’d be more than happy to sit down with your family, listen to your story, and offer some preliminary advice and guidance about your situation – including the potential value of your child’s case.
Damages Available to Injured Children in Destin
Children who suffer injuries in Destin accidents can typically recover compensation for the financial losses associated with their accidents, as well as the trauma and suffering they experience.
Our award-winning child injury lawyers in Destin will fight to recover compensation for your child’s:
- Current medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Long-term treatment and care expenses
- Reduced earning capacity
- Lost future wages
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Disfigurement and scarring
In limited situations, punitive damages might be appropriate, as well. Punitive damages are awarded when a jury finds clear and convincing evidence that a defendant acted intentionally or with gross negligence. For example, a child might be awarded punitive damages if they were hit by an extremely drunk driver or injured because a manufacturer intentionally concealed potential risks and dangers associated with a product or medication.
How Does Shared Responsibility Affect Child Injury Cases in Florida?
For adults, sharing responsibility for an accident directly impacts the ability to recover compensation through a third-party claim or lawsuit. Damages are reduced in direct proportion to the degree of fault under Florida’s modified comparative negligence rule.
However, things are a bit different when a child is the victim of an accident. Kids – especially young children – lack the ability to understand the potential risks and dangers associated with their actions. Kids also lack impulse control, and that puts them at an increased risk of harm in some situations.
So, contributory fault may not necessarily hurt a child’s ability to recover compensation, especially if they are particularly young when they get hurt.
The child’s age, mental capacity, and developmental ability, and experience will all be important considerations when allegations of shared responsibility are raised.
Is There a Time Limit for Florida Child Injury Lawsuits?
The statute of limitations for most child injury lawsuits in Florida is two years. This gives you two years from the date your child is injured in a Destin, Florida, accident to file a lawsuit for damages.
If you’ve lost a child in a fatal accident in Destin, you’ll have two years to bring a wrongful death action against those responsible. The statute of limitations involving children does have some exceptions, so speak to a lawyer to learn the specifics.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Destin Child Injury Lawyer
Your child should not be left to struggle with the costs and consequences of their injuries on their own. Someone else is responsible, and they should carry the burden of your child’s medical bills, disability, and distress.
Call Brannon & Brannon Personal Injury Attorneys to get our top-rated Destin child injury lawyers to help you fight for maximum compensation.
We offer a free consultation, so connect with a member of our law office in Destin to get started today.
Our personal injury law firm in Destin, FL also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Destin
- Boating Accident Attorney in Destin, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Destin, FL
- Destin Bus Accident Lawyer
- Car Accident Lawyer in Destin
- Child Injury Attorney in Destin, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Destin, FL
- Destin Dog Bite Attorneys
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyers in Destin, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Destin, FL
- Destin Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Destin, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Destin, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Destin, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Destin, FL
- Product Liability Lawyer in Destin, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Destin, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in Destin
- Truck Accident Attorneys in Destin
- Destin Uber Accident Lawyers
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in Destin, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Destin