Were you recently injured in a construction accident in Destin, FL? Workers’ compensation benefits or damages in a third-party lawsuit may be available. Contact the experienced Destin construction accident lawyers at Brannon & Brannon. We’ll help you exhaust your legal options and fight to maximize your financial recovery.
With over 60 years of combined experience behind your case, you won’t have to worry while you focus on getting better. We’ve successfully obtained tens of millions of dollars for our injured clients, and we’ll work tirelessly to get the best results for you.
Contact our Destin, Florida law offices or call us at (850) 842-2573 for a free consultation. Our team is standing by to take your call – 24/7/365.
How Brannon & Brannon Can Help After a Construction Accident in Destin
Construction is a dangerous industry. As a worker, you put your health and safety on the line every day. But, when you get hurt on the job, your employer, insurance companies, and other parties won’t be there to show their thanks. Instead, they’ll make it difficult for you to get the money you deserve.
That’s where our personal injury lawyers in Destin can help.
We’re award-winning, top-rated trial attorneys with a reputation for helping injury victims and their families just like you. We stand up to insurers, big corporations, and tough employers every day – and win big for our clients.
When you turn to us for help after a job site accident, we will:
- Help you understand all of the legal options available to you, including whether you qualify for workers’ compensation and if you have the grounds to file a personal injury lawsuit
- Conduct a thorough and independent investigation into your accident
- Work closely with experts throughout the process to ensure that we fully understand the scope of your injuries
- Fight to secure all job-related benefits available to you under Florida state law
- File and pursue damages from negligent third parties in a lawsuit
- Have an accomplished trial attorney litigate your case before a jury, if necessary
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us for help today. Your injuries might prevent you from getting back to the job site. Benefits or damages in a lawsuit can help reduce the pressure you’re faced with in the weeks to come.
How Common Are Construction Accidents in Florida?
In 2019, there were a total of 306 fatal workplace accidents reported in the state of Florida. Data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics reveals that Florida’s construction industry was, by far, the most dangerous.
Construction workers accounted for more than one out of every four workplace fatalities in Florida that year, for a total of 91. That’s approximately eight fatal construction accidents per month, or 1-2 every week.
These figures only reflect construction accidents that are fatal. Every day, hundreds of additional construction workers suffer non-fatal but potentially catastrophic and life-changing injuries on the job in Destin and other cities across the Sunshine State.
What’s My Construction Accident Case Worth?
Every construction injury case is different.
The value of your specific case will depend on factors such as:
- Whether you’re exclusively seeking workers’ compensation benefits, if you’re filing a third-party lawsuit, or both
- The type of injury you’ve suffered
- How the injury has affected your ability to get back to work
- Whether you’ll be dealing with a permanent disability or impairment
- Your out-of-pocket costs, now and in the future
If you’re seeking benefits through your employer’s insurance policy, there will be limits to how much money you’re able to recover. Filing a lawsuit, if possible, can help to supplement the compensation you’re able to secure through a workers’ compensation claim.
At the end of the day, the value of your case will depend largely on how serious your injuries are and if you’re able to return to work in the same capacity.
What Causes Most Construction Accidents in Destin?
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), there are four leading causes of fatal construction accidents nationwide.
Known as the “Fatal Four,” these are:
- Struck by an object
- Caught in/between an object
These generally account for more than half of all construction accident deaths.
Other common causes of fatal and non-fatal construction site accidents and injuries include:
- Unsafe working conditions
- Violations of OSHA safety standards
- Inadequate or non-existent safety equipment
- Defective machinery or equipment
- Exposure to toxic chemicals or substances
- Exposure to extreme temperatures
If you’ve suffered an injury or lost a family member in a deadly construction accident, contact Brannon & Brannon for immediate assistance. Our compassionate personal injury attorneys in Destin will help you seek financial justice.
We Represent Clients in All Destin Construction Site Accident Cases
At Brannon & Brannon, we are fierce advocates for clients who have suffered injuries or lost loved ones in construction accidents such as:
- Scaffolding accidents
- Ladder accidents
- Heavy machinery accidents
- Trenching accidents
- Excavation accidents
- Crane or hoist accidents
- Elevator shaft accidents
- Falls from heights
- Slip and fall accidents
- Forklift accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents, including car accidents and truck accidents
Give our law office, conveniently located in Destin, a call to arrange a time to discuss the specific details of your construction accident case. We’ll help you understand your legal options and explain how we might be able to help you secure maximum compensation.
What Damages Are Available to Victims of Destin Construction Site Accidents?
The damages available depend on how you decide to pursue compensation.
If you file a claim for workers’ compensation benefits, you’ll be entitled to claim medical benefits and disability benefits (temporary and/or permanent).
If you have the right to file a lawsuit against a third party, you’ll have the right to seek both economic and non-economic damages for your losses.
Damages available in a construction accident lawsuit could include money for:
- Medical bills, including hospitalization, surgery, follow-up care, and other necessary expenses
- Medical devices or equipment
- Nursing care
- Loss of income and wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering, and more
If you qualify for workers’ compensation benefits, you will generally forfeit the right to file a lawsuit against your employer. However, that doesn’t mean you give up the right to sue if someone other than your employer shares responsibility for your construction site accident.
Who Could Be Liable For My Construction Site Accident in Destin?
Under Florida law, anyone who contributes to an accident on a construction site – directly or indirectly – could be legally responsible for resulting injuries.
This might include:
- Property owners
- General contractors
- Companies responsible for manufacturing defective or dangerous work equipment
- Government agencies
Employers could also be liable if they failed to carry workers’ compensation insurance or engaged in intentionally harmful conduct that caused an employee’s injuries.
We’ll Fight to Maximize Your Compensation For All Construction Accident Injuries
If you’re a construction worker in Destin, any injury can potentially change the course of your life forever. Even seemingly minor trauma could prevent you from getting back to work and supporting your family.
That’s why our law firm is here to stand up and fight to secure full compensation for all of your construction site injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Chest injury
- Crushing injury
- Nerve damage
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Repetitive motion injury
- Occupational illness or disease
- Wrongful death
We understand how difficult the road to recovery can be. Let us handle your legal case while you focus on getting better.
Do I Have to Prove Negligence to Win a Construction Accident Case?
You don’t have to prove negligence if you’re only seeking benefits through your employer’s insurance policy. However, if you file a lawsuit, you’ll either have to prove that someone is strictly liable for your injuries (like a manufacturer) or negligence.
Negligence means that another party owed you a duty of care but acted in an unreasonable way that caused you to get hurt.
There are four elements of a negligence claim: duty, breach, causation, and damages. Our attorneys have decades of experience investigating, building, and litigating these types of cases successfully. When you turn to us for help, you won’t have to worry about the complexities and details of your lawsuit. Instead, you’ll have the time you need to concentrate on your future. We’ll take care of the rest.
How Long Do I Have to File a Construction Accident Lawsuit in Destin, Florida?
The statute of limitations for most personal injury lawsuits in Florida is two years. This means you’ll typically have two years from the date you were injured to file a lawsuit and seek damages (unless an exception applies).
Missing the deadline that applies to your specific situation isn’t an option. It will mean giving up the right to seek and recover much-needed compensation from those responsible.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation With a Destin Construction Accident Lawyer
Were you hurt in a construction accident in Destin, Florida? Brannon & Brannon can help.
Our award-winning Destin construction accident lawyers have 60+ years of combined experience fighting for job site victims just like you. We’re ready to put our experience, reputation, and resources to work to get you the results you deserve.
Your first consultation is free. And, because we work on a contingency fee basis, there’s no cost to hire our law firm upfront. Instead, you only pay if we win. Contact us to schedule a time to discuss your case today.
Our personal injury law firm in Destin, FL also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Destin
- Boating Accident Attorney in Destin, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Destin, FL
- Destin Bus Accident Lawyer
- Car Accident Lawyer in Destin
- Child Injury Attorney in Destin, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Destin, FL
- Destin Dog Bite Attorneys
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyers in Destin, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Destin, FL
- Destin Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Destin, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Destin, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Destin, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Destin, FL
- Product Liability Lawyer in Destin, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Destin, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in Destin
- Truck Accident Attorneys in Destin
- Destin Uber Accident Lawyers
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in Destin, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Destin