Have you recently suffered injuries in a car accident involving a taxi in Destin, Florida? You could be entitled to a substantial monetary award to cover the cost of your medical care, lost wages, and suffering. Call Brannon & Brannon Personal Injury Attorneys for help. Our Destin taxi accident lawyers are here to help you make the most of your fight for compensation.
Since 1990, our law firm has been an unwavering ally for taxi accident victims, helping them stand up to cab services and insurance companies. Our accomplished Florida trial attorneys have over 60 years of combined experience and have won millions on behalf of clients just like you.
We have the resources, experience, and passion for justice that you’ll need to win your taxi accident case. Contact our law office in Destin, FL, at (850) 842-2573 to get started by scheduling a free consultation today.
How Brannon & Brannon Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help After a Taxi Accident in Destin, FL
While you may be entitled to compensation after a taxi accident, the road to financial recovery isn’t always an easy one. Whether you’re filing an insurance claim or seeking damages in a lawsuit, expect resistance from cab companies and insurers throughout the process.
You can level the playing field and put yourself in a position to win by calling our Destin personal injury lawyers for help.
Our law firm takes on powerful adversaries on behalf of catastrophically injured clients every day. We work hard to make a difference in our clients’ lives and have secured millions of dollars for them as a result.
Hiring our law firm gives you the time and opportunity you need to recover from your taxi accident injuries. While you focus on getting better, our team can:
- Coordinate a thorough and independent investigation into your taxi accident
- Determine how and why the accident should’ve been avoided
- Establish fault and liability
- Gather critical pieces of evidence that can be used to build and strengthen a strong claim for damages
- Enlist the help of medical professionals, accident reconstructionists, vocational rehabilitation specialists, and other experts
- Anticipate and defend against claims of shared responsibility
- Aggressively negotiate the terms of a settlement
- Prepare to reject unreasonably low offers and bring your case to a jury in Okaloosa County
At Brannon & Brannon Personal Injury Attorneys, our taxi accident attorneys in Destin work on a contingency fee basis. We do not get paid unless we settle or win your taxi accident case. This allows you to get the legal help you need without added financial costs and burdens. Our fee comes directly out of your financial award.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to our compassionate legal team in Destin to discuss the specifics of your taxi accident case today. Your first consultation is 100 percent free.
What Causes Most Destin Taxi Accidents?
Taxi accidents are, many times, the result of taxi driver negligence.
This makes sense, since taxi drivers:
- Can become distracted when engaging in conversation with passengers
- Might be more focused on finding a fare than paying attention to traffic conditions
- Might be inclined to speed, run red lights or stop signs, make unsafe or illegal turns, or engage in other dangerous behaviors behind the wheel
- Might rely on drugs or alcohol to even out the pressures of the job
- Drive long hours, which can make them tired and impair their ability to make quick decisions behind the wheel
Florida state law does not require taxi drivers to get a commercial driver’s license. There are no special tests or requirements to drive a taxicab. So, there’s no guarantee that a taxi driver is equipped to get passengers safely from one destination to another.
If you’ve been in a traffic accident with a taxi cab in Destin, it’s important to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney near you immediately.
Who’s Liable for My Taxi Accident Injuries?
This isn’t to say that taxi drivers are always at fault for taxi accidents in Destin. Ultimately, Florida law provides that anyone who contributes to a taxi accident – directly or indirectly – can be liable.
Depending on the specific details of your taxi accident case, liable parties could include:
- Negligent cab driver
- Private cab companies, like Destin Sunrise Taxi or Black Taxi Destin
- Third-party motorists, including drivers of other passenger vehicles, motorcyclists, truck drivers, or bus drivers
- Taxicab manufacturers
- Taxicab maintenance professionals
- Government agencies responsible for road design and maintenance
- Employers of negligent parties
Our taxi accident lawyers in Destin will carefully analyze the details of your case to determine how it happened and, in turn, who’s at fault. Then we can begin to actively seek monetary awards from anyone who put you in harm’s way.
What Damages Are Available to Taxi Accident Victims in Destin?
Both economic damages and non-economic damages can be awarded to taxi accident victims in Destin, Florida.
Economic damages are paid to make taxi accident victims financially whole.
Compensation commonly includes money for:
- Current medical expenses
- Future medical bills
- Reduced earning capacity
- Lost wages
- Lost the job opportunities
- Personal care assistance
- Property damage
- Other out-of-pocket costs
For many taxi accident victims, the consequences of a collision aren’t just financial. Taxi accidents can cause significant changes and trauma that lasts a lifetime.
Non-economic damages are awarded to make up for these types of things.
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical scarring
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Chronic physical pain
At Brannon & Brannon Personal Injury Attorneys, our legal team will take a detailed approach to your claim for damages. We will carefully analyze the details and lean on the insight and expertise of specialists throughout the process.
Investing the time and resources at this stage can help us not only win, but secure a result that accurately represents what your taxi accident case is worth.
What Happens if I’m Getting Blamed for a Taxi Accident in Destin, Florida?
Shared responsibility can affect your ability to recover compensation after a taxi accident in Destin, Florida.
Florida operates under a pure comparative negligence system. The bigger your role in causing a taxi accident, the less money you’ll be able to recover when your personal injury case is resolved.
If you’re assigned 15 percent fault for a taxi accident in Destin, your financial award will be reduced by 15 percent. That could mean getting $85,000 for a case valuated at $100,000.
Just because you’re blamed for a taxi accident doesn’t mean you actually shared fault. Allegations of shared responsibility have to back blacked up by facts and evidence.
When you call our taxi accident attorneys in Destin for help, we’ll be prepared for the insurance company’s duplicitous victim-blaming tactics. We’ll be ready to counter these efforts to shift blame and minimize your payout.
We’ll Help You Fight To Get Compensation for All of Your Taxi Accident Injuries
Whether you’re a passenger in the back of a taxi, a bystander on the road, or an occupant of another vehicle, you can suffer severe, potentially life-threatening injuries in a taxi accident.
Common taxicab accident injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Nerve damage
- Burn injury
- Head injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Crushing injury
- Internal organ damage
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death of a family member
Seek immediate medical treatment at HCA Florida Destin Emergency or another hospital near Destin, FL, after your taxi accident. Getting prompt care can help to limit the potential for complications and establish a causal link between the crash and your injuries.
Once your condition is stable, call our Destin personal injury attorneys to discuss your legal rights and options.
You’ll Have a Limited Time To File a Florida Taxi Accident Lawsuit
The statute of limitations for most taxi accident lawsuits in Destin, Florida, is four years.
So, you’ll generally have until the fourth anniversary of your taxi accident to file a claim for damages.
If a taxi accident is fatal, you’ll have just two years from the date of a family member’s wrongful death to pursue compensation.
You don’t want to allow too much time to go back after your taxi accident. Once the statute of limitations runs out, you give up the right to seek damages for your costs, pain, and suffering. Protect yourself and put yourself in a position to win the money you deserve by calling Brannon & Brannon Personal Injury Attorneys for help immediately after you get hurt.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Destin Taxi Accident Lawyer
Despite the fact that taxi drivers aren’t professional drivers, taxis are held to high standards in Destin, Florida. As common carriers, drivers and cab companies must exercise the “highest degree of care, foresight, prudence and diligence” necessary to keep passengers safe. When a taxi driver is negligent, passengers (and others on the road) can get seriously injured as a result.
When you’re the victim of a negligent taxi driver’s actions, you deserve to be compensated. Brannon & Brannon Personal Injury Attorneys is ready to help you stand up and fight to maximize your financial recovery.
Call our award-winning and experienced Destin taxi accident lawyers to get started. We offer a free, no-obligation case evaluation, so reach out to get started today.
Our personal injury law firm in Destin, FL also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Destin
- Boating Accident Attorney in Destin, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Destin, FL
- Destin Bus Accident Lawyer
- Car Accident Lawyer in Destin
- Child Injury Attorney in Destin, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Destin, FL
- Destin Dog Bite Attorneys
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyers in Destin, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Destin, FL
- Destin Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Destin, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Destin, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Destin, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Destin, FL
- Product Liability Lawyer in Destin, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Destin, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in Destin
- Truck Accident Attorneys in Destin
- Destin Uber Accident Lawyers
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in Destin, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Destin