Being involved in any type of motor vehicle accident in Destin, FL, can be a scary experience, but being involved in a highway crash is downright terrifying. Highway and freeway crashes tend to involve higher rates of speed and greater volume than other types of accidents, so more severe injuries are often involved in these types of crashes.
If you were injured in a Destin highway crash, the car accident lawyers with Brannon Personal Injury Attorneys can help. We can evaluate whether you might be able to recover compensation from the driver who caused the accident. Since 1990, we have fought tirelessly for the rights of injured victims. Contact us today and request a free case review with an experienced Destin highway crashes attorney by calling (850) 842-2573.
How Brannon & Brannon Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help After a Highway Crash in Destin
The seasoned lawyers at Brannon Personal Injury Attorneys have over 60 years of combined legal experience helping individuals who were injured in car accidents and other personal injury incidents. As we have grown, we have retained our commitment to personal service. We provide every client with the personal attention they deserve. This dedication and focus have allowed us to recover millions of dollars for our clients.
When you retain the legal services of our Destin car accident attorneys, we:
- Listen carefully to your needs and advise you of your rights
- Investigate the accident and identify all potential sources of compensation
- Locate and interview witnesses
- Gather compelling evidence in your case that establishes liability and your right to compensation
- Prepare your legal claims and handle communication with insurance companies
- Negotiate for fair and just compensation on your behalf
To get started with your claim, contact us today in Destin, Florida.
What Makes Highway Crashes So Dangerous?
Highway crashes are often more dangerous because according to the statistics they involve higher speeds. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that 11,258 people were killed in motor vehicle accidents involving speeding in 2020, contributing to 29% of all traffic fatalities. Speeding is particularly dangerous because it makes it more likely that:
- Drivers will lose control of their vehicles
- Drivers will crash because they have less time to respond to hazards
- The crash will result in more severe injuries
- Vehicle protection equipment will not be as effective
Another risk factor involved in highway crashes is the larger volume of traffic. If a crash does occur, a chain reaction may set off secondary crashes that injure more people.
Common Causes of Highway Crashes in Destin
The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that 1.7 million rear-end collisions occur every year, resulting in the death of 1,700 people and injuring half a million more. Some of the most common causes of highway crashes include:
- Drug or alcohol impairment
- Fatigued driving
- Aggressive driving
- Following too closely
Unsafe road conditions can also cause highway crashes.
Common Injuries Stemming from Rear-End Accidents in Destin, Florida
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 35,766 people died in motor vehicle accidents in 2020. More than 1.5 million people were injured in car crashes that same year.
Highway crashes can result in serious injuries, including:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Whiplash and other soft tissue injuries
- Internal organ damage and internal bleeding
These injuries can be expensive to treat and may involve a long recovery period.
Who Is Liable for a Highway Crash Accident in Florida?
All drivers must maintain personal injury protection (PIP) insurance in Florida. In the event of a crash, drivers turn to their own insurance first for coverage, regardless of who is at fault. However, if a car accident causes you to suffer a serious injury as defined by Florida law, you can pursue compensation from the at-fault party. A serious injury is one of the following:
- Significant and permanent loss of an important bodily function
- Significant and permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Permanent injury within a reasonable degree of medical certainty
Once you establish your right to recover compensation from the at-fault party, you can plan who is at fault for the accident by producing evidence such as:
- The accident report
- Photos or videos of the accident scene, the damage to the vehicles, and your injuries
- Witness statements
- Medical records
- Reports from accident reconstruction experts, if necessary
For help with your claim, contact an experienced Destin car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Contact Our Destin Highway Crashes Attorneys for a Free Case Consultation
After you have suffered a serious injury in a highway accident, the last thing you need to be worried about is dealing with an insurance claim. Brannon Personal Injury Attorneys is here to guide you through the claims process.
Our Destin highway crashes attorneys will fight diligently for you to receive fair compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. Contact us today and request a free case review by calling (850) 842-2573.