Were you injured in a bus accident in Fort Walton Beach, FL? You may be entitled to significant compensation for your medical bills, loss of income, and suffering. The experienced Fort Walton Beach bus accident lawyers at Brannon & Brannon can help fight to maximize your recovery.
Our attorneys have over 60 years of combined experience fighting for injury victims and their families throughout Northwest Florida. Our dedication to our clients has helped us secure millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts from the toughest defendants.
Begin your fight for compensation today by contacting our law offices in Fort Walton Beach or calling at (850) 863-5297 to schedule a free consultation. Our team is always standing by to answer your call, 24 hours a day, seven days per week.
How Our Fort Walton Beach Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After Your Bus Accident
Buses are common carriers, which means that personal injury cases involving bus accidents can be complicated. Some buses are private and some are operated by the government. Drivers, bus companies, and third parties could all be at fault in an accident. There’s a lot to sort through after you’ve been involved in a bus accident in Fort Walton Beach.
Your primary focus should be on recovering, and that’s where our Fort Walton Beach personal injury lawyers can help.
At Brannon & Brannon, our top-rated trial attorneys are passionate advocates for crash victims and families in Fort Walton Beach. When you trust us with your case, you’ll benefit from the insight of a former insurance defense attorney. We know how insurance companies operate. We’re prepared to anticipate their moves and implement strategies to get top dollars for our clients.
As we navigate your bus accident case, we will:
- Investigate the circumstances around your bus accident and resulting injuries
- Determine why your accident happened and identify who may be liable
- Consult with experts as we analyze evidence and determine what your case is worth
- Handle all conversations with insurance companies on your behalf
- Negotiate to get the best possible settlement deal for you
- Have a respected trial attorney bring your case to a jury in Okaloosa County, if necessary
Our goal is to help you move forward after your bus accident. Focus on recovering. Let us handle your fight for compensation. Contact us now – your first consultation is free.
How Common Are Bus Accidents?
According to crash data, there are about 63,000 nationwide bus accidents every year. The majority of these motor vehicle accidents don’t result in injuries. However, it’s estimated that approximately 14,000 people are hurt in traffic accidents involving buses annually.
That’s 38 bus accident injuries per day.
Data reveals that school bus accidents, in particular, are common. In 2019, at least 13,000 people were injured, and 109 were killed in school bus accidents in the United States.
Most school bus accident victims are occupants of other vehicles. Pedestrians, school bus passengers, and school bus drivers are also frequently injured or killed in these types of bus accidents.
We Handle All Bus Accident Cases in Fort Walton Beach, FL
Our attorneys are here to help you seek full compensation for your injuries after your bus accident in Fort Walton Beach.
We represent clients who have been injured in:
- Commercial bus accidents
- Okaloosa County bus accidents
- School bus accidents
- Shuttle bus accidents
- Bus and car accidents
- Bus and truck accidents
- Bus and pedestrian accidents
- Bus and bicyclist accidents
- Bus and motorcycle accidents
Whether you were hurt on an Emerald Coast Rider bus or a Greyhound, it’s essential to seek legal assistance immediately.
What is My Bus Accident Case Worth?
While every case is different, these factors will play an important role in valuation:
- Whether you were a passenger on the bus, a pedestrian, or a passenger of another vehicle
- The types of injuries you’ve suffered
- How your injuries impact your ability to work and earn a living
- Whether or not you’re expected to make a full recovery
- The degree to which you require assistance to take care of yourself
- The cost of replacing or repairing damaged property
- How the trauma of being involved in an accident with a large bus has affected you
- Whether your own negligence played a role in your bus accident
The best way to know what your case is worth is by speaking with a qualified attorney about the specific details of your situation. You don’t want to let an insurance company decide how much money you should receive. Work with our Fort Walton Beach bus accident lawyers to ensure that your case is valued properly and that you’re awarded every cent you deserve.
What Damages Can I Get After a Bus Accident in Fort Walton Beach?
When you’re hurt in a bus accident, the following economic and non-economic damages may be available to you:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Reduced earning capacity
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If a bus accident in Fort Walton Beach is fatal, surviving family members may also have the right to recover compensation for the funeral, burial costs, loss of financial support, and suffering through a wrongful death action.
What Causes Most Bus Accidents?
Buses must be operated by someone who has a commercial driver’s license (CDL), often with specific endorsements for passengers. Bus companies have an obligation to maintain their fleet of buses and keep them in safe working condition. There are strict guidelines and regulations in place regarding the operation of buses in the state of Florida.
So, most bus accidents are avoidable. But, they happen – typically because someone is negligent.
Many bus accidents happen as a result of:
- Driver distraction
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Blind spots
- Violations of hours of service regulations (resulting in fatigued and drowsy bus drivers)
- Failure to inspect and maintain buses
- Negligent hiring
- Inadequate or non-existent bus driver training
- Inexperienced bus drivers
- Heavy rain or other bad weather conditions
- Left turns
- Under-inflated tires
- Failure to look for pedestrians or bicyclists in an intersection
If you’ve been hurt in a car accident involving a bus, do not hesitate to seek medical attention and call our attorneys. We will be able to help you navigate your medical bills, deal with insurance companies, and begin to put together a case to get you the compensation you deserve.
How Does Negligence Factor Into My Bus Accident Case?
Unless you were hurt while working or injured because of a defective product, there’s a good chance that your auto accident case will be based on negligence.
Negligence means that someone was careless and, as a result, caused you to get hurt and suffer identifiable harm.
To prove negligence, you must have evidence to establish each of these things:
- Duty: the defendant owed you a duty of care
- Breach: the defendant didn’t act reasonably under the circumstances
- Causation: the defendant’s actions were the direct and proximate cause of your accident
- Damages: you’ve suffered identifiable harm (physical, emotional, financial) as a result
Bus accident cases are different from other types of car wreck cases because buses are classified as “common carriers” under Florida state law.
Common carriers – like buses, limousines, and taxis – are held to a higher standard of care than regular motorists. Why? Because they’re paid to transport people from one place to another. Common carriers are entrusted with the health and safety of passengers. So, they’re expected to use additional care and caution when operating.
This can, in some cases, make it easier to prove negligence. However, it also means that more parties will be involved, from the bus driver to bus companies to government agencies. As a result, proving negligence might be less involved, but the fight for compensation can still be tough.
You won’t have to worry about these issues when you trust Brannon & Brannon to handle your bus accident claim. We’ll take care of your injury case from start to finish so that you can focus on what’s most important: getting better and moving forward.
We Represent Severely Injured Bus Accident Victims in Fort Walton Beach
Buses are large, heavy vehicles that are notoriously difficult to operate.
They can cause severe and life-threatening injuries including, but not limited to:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Broken bones
- Crushing injury
- Internal organ damage
- Nerve damage
- Back injury
- Neck injury
Do not hesitate to take action and call a lawyer if you’ve suffered injuries or lost a family member in a Fort Walton Beach bus crash. Under Florida state law, you only have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit for damages. You’ll have just two years to file a wrongful death action as well. There may be exceptions. Miss the deadline, and you’ll miss the opportunity to get the money you deserve.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Fort Walton Beach Bus Accident Lawyer
Brannon & Brannon is here to help you fight to maximize your financial recovery after a bus accident in Fort Walton Beach, Florida. We’ll put more than 60 years of combined experience and a team that’s won millions of dollars behind your fight for maximum compensation.
Contact our Fort Walton Beach bus accident lawyers to start your free initial case evaluation today.
Our personal injury law firm in Fort Walton Beach, FL also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Fort Walton Beach
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Fort Walton Beach
- Boating Accident Attorney in Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Fort Walton Beach Bus Accident Lawyer
- Car Accident Lawyer in Fort Walton Beach
- Catastrophic Injuries Attorneys in Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Fort Walton Beach Dog Bite Attorneys
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Fort Walton Beach Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Product Liability Lawyer in Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Truck Accident Attorneys in Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Uber Accident Lawyers
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Fort Walton Beach