Accidents at intersections can be some of the deadliest and most dangerous car accidents for individuals. In addition to motorist negligence, the most dangerous roads/intersections in Fort Walton Beach, FL can contribute to the cause of an auto accident in Okaloosa County.
The Fort Walton Beach car accident lawyers of Brannon & Brannon have extensive experience handling accident claims. Our attorneys have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. We want to help you get the money you deserve after a car crash.
Contact our law firm or give us a call at (850) 863-5297 to schedule a free consultation. Get advice about your legal rights and discuss options for filing a claim with experienced personal injury attorneys in Fort Walton Beach, FL.
How Do Our Fort Walton Beach Car Accident Lawyers Help Accident Victims?
With over 60 years of experience handling car accident claims, our Fort Walton Beach, Florida accident attorneys at Brannon & Brannon understand the dangers and risks of driving on roads through northwest Florida. We understand the devastation caused by car crashes and how insurance companies avoid paying valid injury claims.
Therefore, our legal team is dedicated to fighting for the rights of accident victims. We battle insurance companies to get you fair and just compensation for the pain and suffering caused by a negligent driver.
When you hire our law firm, you can expect our legal team to:
- Conduct a thorough accident investigation to gather evidence proving the other driver caused the crash
- Work with you and your physicians to document your injuries and damages
- File insurance claims and handle all matters with the insurance company
- Work with accident reconstructionists, medical experts, financial professionals, and other expert witnesses as necessary
- Document your damages to calculate how much your claim is worth
- Aggressively negotiate settlements and argue your case in court
Contact our law office to schedule a free consultation with one of our car accident lawyers in Fort Walton Beach. Let us help you hold the party who caused your accident liable for the damage they caused.
Car Accidents Are Common in Okaloosa County and Walton County
There were approximately ten car accidents each day in Okaloosa County during 2021, including accidents in Fort Walton Beach. Together with neighboring Walton County, there were 5,102 traffic crashes in 2021. That number included 81 traffic deaths and 2,981 injuries.
Hit and run accidents were common in both counties. In 2021, there were 896 hit and run accidents, including 145 injuries and deaths caused by hit and run drivers. Twenty-one pedestrians and bicyclists were killed, along with 12 motorcyclists.
Many of the deaths and injuries caused by car accidents in Okaloosa County and Walton County could have been avoided. Driver negligence is a common cause of car accidents in Fort Walton Beach.
Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Fort Walton Beach, FL
A car crash can occur anywhere. However, there are some roads and intersections throughout Fort Walton Beach where traffic accidents are common. Dangerous intersections and roads in Fort Walton Beach include:
- Highway 98
- Interstate 10
- Highway 98 and Mary Esther Cut Off
- Highway 85
- Highway 98 and Brooks Bridge
Traffic conditions along the Emerald Coast can become so congested and dangerous that groups on social media sites have dedicated pages to discuss traffic problems and accidents.
What Causes Intersection Accidents in Fort Walton Beach?
Driver errors, mistakes, and negligence are often the primary contributing factor to intersection accidents. However, road conditions can also contribute to the cause of a crash at an intersection. Common causes of intersection accidents include:
- Failing to yield the right of way (i.e., running red lights, turning left in front of a vehicle, turning right without clearance, etc.)
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Improper lane changes approaching or in an intersection
- Following another vehicle too closely (tailgating)
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving
- Congested traffic, especially during rush hour and around busy shopping centers, tourists locations, and entertainment venues
- Fatigued and drowsy driving
- Defectively designed roads and intersections
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Inexperienced drivers and drivers who are unfamiliar with the area
- Confusing traffic signs, lane markers, and traffic signals
- Lack of adequate and frequent maintenance of the roads, intersections, medians, and road shoulders
Side-impact and head-on collisions are common at intersections. These types of accidents can cause severe injuries. However, any accident that occurs on a dangerous road or at a dangerous intersection can cause life-threatening injuries and conditions.
Common Injuries and Damages Caused by Intersection Accidents
The injuries sustained when a car crashes at an intersection can range from mild aches and pains to catastrophic injuries. It is wise to have a doctor evaluate your condition after an accident.
Common injuries caused by car crashes include:
- Broken bones
- Head and neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Loss of limbs and amputations
- Severe burns
- Soft tissue injuries and nerve damage
- Back injuries
The damages accident victims incur include economic damages, such as property damage, lost wages, medical bills, and other out-of-pocket costs. Physical injuries may result in permanent disabilities that can increase the damages a person may sustain.
However, injured persons also experience pain and suffering (non-economic damages). These damages include emotional distress, physical suffering, decreased quality of life, and mental anguish.
Who is Liable for My Damages After a Car Crash in Fort Walton Beach?
Florida’s no-fault car insurance system requires that you file claims against your Personal Injury Protection insurance policy after an accident. However, if you sustained serious injuries, you may pursue a claim against the driver who caused the crash. As a result, you could recover additional damages from the at-fault driver that your PIP insurance is not covered.
If defectively designed roads or intersections contributed to the cause of the car accident, you might have a claim against a government entity. Inadequate maintenance may also be a factor.
However, claims against the government can be difficult to pursue. Special rules exist for notifying the government of a claim, and there are shorter deadlines for filing claims. Call our office as soon as possible to discuss car accident claims against government entities with one of our Fort Walton Beach car accident lawyers.
Contact Our Fort Walton Beach Intersection Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation
Our team of legal professionals is here for you when navigating the most dangerous roads/intersections in Fort Walton Beach, FL. Call now to discuss your case with a Fort Walton Beach accident attorney. Learn about your options and more about how we can help you with your car accident case during your free case evaluation.