Speeding accidents in Fort Walton Beach, FL and throughout northwest Florida cause catastrophic injuries and deaths. Whether a driver is speeding along Highway 98 are traveling at a high speed through neighborhoods, excessive speeds increase the risk of an accident.
At Brannon & Brannon Personal Injury Attorneys, our Fort Walton Beach speeding accident lawyers work with you to recover compensation for your injuries and damages. Our law firm has recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. We are dedicated, passionate legal advocates for injury victims and their families.
If a speeding driver caused your car accident, call us today at (850) 863-5297 to schedule a free consultation with one of our personal injury attorneys in Fort Walton Beach. We are here to answer your questions about personal injury claims and provide guidance in filing a claim, contact us now.
How Do Our Car Accident Lawyers Help You After a Speeding Crash?
Our Fort Walton Beach car accident attorneys have over 60 years of experience handling auto accident cases. You should not bear the financial losses caused by a negligent driver. We can help you recover money to pay for your medical bills and other damages.
When you hire Brannon & Brannon Personal Injury Attorneys to handle your case, you can expect our legal team to:
- Investigate the cause of your car accident
- Explain your legal rights and options for seeking compensation for damages
- File insurance claims and handle settlement negotiations
- Identify all parties liable for your injury claim
- Monitor the statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit
- Document your damages
- Work with expert witnesses, as necessary
- Prepare and file a lawsuit if the insurance company refuses to negotiate in good faith
You are not alone. Our legal team is here to help you through each aspect of your personal injury case. We strive to settle your claim as quickly as possible for the maximum amount available.
Please reach out to our office to schedule a free case consultation with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys in Fort Walton Beach, Florida.
Speeding is a Common Cause of Accidents
Nationwide, speeding continues to be a common cause of car crashes. In 2019, speeding accidents resulted in 9,478 traffic deaths in the United States. Statistics show that for more than 20 years, speeding has been a factor in almost one-third of all motor vehicle fatalities.
According to the FLHSMV, speed was a factor in over 16,500 accidents. Driving too fast for conditions and exceeding the posted speed limit were two of the driver actions cited as contributing to the cause of an accident.
Common Injuries Caused by Fort Walton Beach Speeding Accidents
As the speed of a vehicle increases, the risk of sustaining severe injuries increases.
Injuries that are common in speeding accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Loss of limbs and amputations
- Fractures and broken bones
- Internal organ damage
- Airbag and seat belt injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Soft tissue injuries and nerve damage
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Some victims may sustain permanent impairments because of their injuries. The speeding driver can be held liable for all damages caused by a car crash that was the driver’s fault. If you sustained serious injuries because of a speeding accident, you might be able to sue the at-fault driver for damages.
What Types of Damages Can I Recover for a Florida Speeding Accident?
- Pain and suffering caused by mental anguish, emotional distress, and physical injuries
- Loss of income and benefits, including reductions in future earning capacity and future lost wages
- The cost of your medical care, including physical therapy, nursing care, and surgeries
- Permanent impairments and disabilities
- Long-term nursing care or personal care
- Loss of quality of life and enjoyment of life
Before receiving compensation for damages, you must prove the other driver was negligent. A negligence claim requires proving that the person breached their duty of care and the breach was the direct cause of your injuries and damages.
Our legal team understands what evidence is necessary to prove causation, fault, and liability. We work to build a strong case against the speeding driver to maximize your chance of receiving a settlement for the total value of your damages.
Get Help After a Speeding Accident in Fort Walton Beach
Contact our Fort Walton Beach personal injury law firm to ask questions or schedule your free consultation with a car accident attorney. Filing a personal injury claim can give you closure and compensate you for your injuries after a speeding accident in Fort Walton Beach.
Other types of car accidents that we cover are: