Have you been injured or lost a loved one in a cycling accident in Fort Walton Beach, Florida? Brannon & Brannon Personal Injury Attorneys have won millions of dollars in life-changing awards for injured clients. Call at (850) 863-5297 or contact us online to discuss your case with one of our top-rated Fort Walton Beach bicycle accident attorneys.
With more than 60+ years of combined experience, we’ve gained a trusted reputation in Northwest Florida for getting results and getting justice.
You deserve to have a bicycle accident lawyer fighting for you. Reach out to us, we never charge for initial consultations, so set up your appointment today.
How Brannon & Brannon Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help After a Bicycle Accident in Fort Walton Beach
After your bike crash, you need to know that someone is taking care of your case from beginning to end. That’s what we’ll do for you so that you can take the time you need to recover.
Our Fort Walton Beach personal injury lawyers will:
- Fully investigate your accident
- Identify, locate, and interview witnesses
- Hire any experts needed to support your case
- Handle all communications with insurance companies
- Negotiate on your behalf for a settlement that covers all your expenses
- Send a trial lawyer with a proven track record to fight your case in court, if necessary
For more than three decades, victims of all types of injuries have trusted us with their financial futures. And we treat every case as if it’s for a member of our own family.
Bicycle Accidents Statistics in Florida
When cyclists are involved in accidents, injuries are often severe or fatal. Florida has more fatalities per capita than any other state.
In 2020, there were 5,952 bike crashes in all of Florida. That’s about 16 a day. Those accidents caused 5,574 injures and 169 deaths. That means 96% of all bicycle accidents in Florida in 2020 resulted in injury or death.
In Okaloosa County, there were 52 crashes in 2020, resulting in 48 injuries and two deaths.
As of late October 2021, there have been 44 bike crashes in Okaloosa County. Those have caused 43 injuries and one death.
What is My Bicycle Accident Case Worth?
It will depend on the facts of your case. Each case is unique, and we work hard to identify and fight for every possible dollar of compensation.
Some things that will affect the value of your case are:
- The type and extent of your injuries
- Whether you now have a disability caused by the accident
- Whether you contributed to the accident
- Whether you were using safety equipment, like a helmet, lights, or reflective gear
Accidents involving severe injuries or death tend to result in higher awards. We leave no stone unturned when analyzing your case. We make sure to account for every dollar you deserve.
What Kind of Damages Are Available to Accident Victims?
You’ll be able to seek compensation for:
- Economic damages: to cover direct financial costs related to your accident
- Non-economic damages: to cover intangible losses caused by your accident
Economic damages compensate you for things like:
- Medical bills
- Cost of rehabilitation
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Nursing care
We’ll conduct a thorough analysis of all of your expenses, including a realistic projection of the future financial impact of your injuries.
Non-economic damages include such things as:
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life activities
- Loss of companionship
These are losses often included in the general term “pain and suffering.” We know that these less quantifiable losses can be significant after a traumatic accident. We fight hard to get compensation when your injuries have diminished your quality of life.
Can I Recover Compensation If I’m Being Blamed For a Bicycle Accident in Florida?
Yes. Florida has a modified comparative fault statute. It allows you to still recover some compensation as long as you aren’t mostly at fault. But the at-fault party only pays for the portions of the accident that they caused. That means your compensation will be reduced by the percentage of the accident attributed to your own fault.
Our experienced Fort Walton Beach bicycle accident attorneys will fight tooth and nail against unfair blame.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation For All of Your Bicycle Accident Injuries
Unfortunately, bicycle crashes often result in severe injury or death. If you’re in a crash with a motor vehicle, you have almost no protection except for a helmet.
Some common bicycle accident injuries include:
- Catastrophic injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Road rash
- Spinal cord injuries
We work tirelessly to bring a sense of stability to your life after you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a bike accident.
What Causes Most Bicycle Accidents?
Bicycles are often not visible to motor vehicles. When cycling in traffic, larger vehicles like SUVs and trucks can impede visibility even more. Sadly, some drivers just don’t like cyclists and refuse to give them any extra room.
Bicycle accidents can be caused by:
- Being hit by a car when drivers don’t see cyclists in their path
- Being run off the road or hit by passing vehicles
- Distracted drivers
- Unsafe lane changes
- Aggressive drivers
- Cars pulling up past the line and into the bike lane where cyclists are traveling
- Getting “doored” when a car door is opened in a cyclist’s path
- Crashing due to slick substances on the road
- Losing control on downhills due to excessive speed
- Spinning out of control on loose gravel or sand
- Collision with a fixed object, such as a gate or telephone pole
- Listening to headphones while cycling
- Riding against traffic
With more than 60+ years of experience across the firm, we’ve seen it all. Whatever the cause, we’ll get to the bottom of what happened. Then we’ll get to work fighting for you.
How Do I Win My Bicycle Accident Case in Florida?
Some bike accidents are unavoidable. But most are the result of someone’s negligence. That will likely be the legal basis of your case.
What Is Negligence?
Negligence is based on the idea that everyone should act in a way that is reasonable under the circumstances.
Negligence has four main elements:
- Duty: the defendant owed you a duty of care not to cause you harm
- Breach: the defendant breached that duty
- Causation: the defendant’s breach of duty caused your injuries
- Damages: you suffered injuries as a result
This may seem like a common-sense chain reaction. But they are technical legal terms. To win, you must successfully prove each element.
How Do I Prove Negligence?
In order to recover compensation for your injuries, you’ll need to prove each element by a preponderance of the evidence in order to win your case.
Some forms of evidence that might be used to prove negligence are:
- Eyewitness testimony
- Video footage from a dashcam, GoPro, or traffic cameras
- Deposition testimony
- Expert testimony to support your medical, financial, and property damage losses
- Accident reports
Every case is different. Our Fort Walton Beach personal injury attorneys are highly trained in all stages of litigation. We’ll collect and evaluate all potential evidence for your accident claim. We’ll strategically present your best argument at the settlement stage.
But we want you to have not just any offer—we want you to get the full compensation that you deserve. So we’re prepared to go to trial whenever necessary and fight to prove your case.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Bicycle Accident in Florida?
Two years. That’s the deadline for filing a lawsuit for injuries sustained in an accident. If you’re seeking compensation on behalf of a loved one who was killed in a bike accident, then you have just two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit. There are exceptions to the general rules.
You should seek legal advice as soon as possible after your accident so you don’t risk missing a deadline. Contact our Fort Walton Beach law firm today to preserve your right to seek compensation.
Contact Our Fort Walton Beach Bicycle Accident Lawyers For a Free Consultation
After your bike crash, you need legal representation that will give you the best chance for maximizing your recovery. That’s why you’ll want to call Brannon & Brannon Personal Injury Attorneys right now.
Since 1990, injured victims have depended on us to help them get their lives back. And we’ve come through—to the tune of millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts. You owe it to yourself to trust us with your case, too.
Call our Fort Walton Beach bicycle accident lawyers today. We offer free consultations, so don’t put it off another day.
Fort Walton Emergency Rooms
- White-Wilson Immediate Care Clinic – 1005 Mar Walt Dr, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
- Twin Cities Hospital – 2190 FL-85 N, Niceville, FL 32578
- Ascension Sacred Heart Hospital Emerald Coast – 7800 US-98, Miramar Beach, FL 32550
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Our personal injury law firm in Fort Walton Beach, FL also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Fort Walton Beach
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Fort Walton Beach
- Boating Accident Attorney in Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Fort Walton Beach Bus Accident Lawyer
- Car Accident Lawyer in Fort Walton Beach
- Catastrophic Injuries Attorneys in Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Fort Walton Beach Dog Bite Attorneys
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Fort Walton Beach Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Product Liability Lawyer in Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Truck Accident Attorneys in Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Uber Accident Lawyers
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Fort Walton Beach