Head-on crashes occur when the front of one vehicle crashes into the front of another vehicle traveling in the opposite direction. Head-on collisions are some of the most dangerous types of car accidents and are responsible for thousands of injuries and deaths every year.
If you were injured in a head-on crash in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, contact the experts at Brannon & Brannon Personal Injury Attorneys for help. We can discuss your legal rights and options during a free case review at (850) 863-5297.
How Our Fort Walton Beach Car Accident Lawyers Can Help After a Head-On Crash
The team at Brannon & Brannon Personal Injury Attorneys wants to help you in every way we can after you or a loved one has been injured in a head-on collision, including by:
- Investigating the accident and identifying the factors that contributed to it
- Gathering evidence to establish fault and damages in your case, including the crash report, car vehicle data, cell phone records (if applicable), the driver’s history, medical records, and employment records
- Negotiating for fair compensation on your behalf
- Fighting for you every step of the way
Our Fort Walton Beach car accident attorneys care about our clients and want to help them put their lives back together after being harmed in a car crash.
We are members of the Florida Justice Association, which is a group of lawyers in Florida who advocate for victim rights and try to improve laws that affect their ability to seek compensation for their injuries.
Contact our Fort Walton Beach head-on crash lawyers today to discuss your injuries and the compensation you can seek for them.
Why Are Head-On Crashes So Dangerous?
Head-on collisions often result in traffic fatalities and serious injuries due to the force involved, which is equal to the combined speed of both vehicles. The outcome is often the fatality and serious injury of the vehicle occupants.
How Common Are Head-On Crashes?
What Are Some Common Causes of Head-On Collisions in Fort Walton Beach, FL?
Some of the most common causes of head-on collisions include:
- Impaired driving
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Wrong-way driving
- Illegal passing
- Dangerous roads or intersections
An experienced Fort Walton Beach head-on crash attorney can investigate the accident and determine how it occurred.
What Are Common Injuries Sustained in Head-On Crashes?
Head-on crashes can result in serious injuries that cause significant pain and a long recovery period, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal damage
- Whiplash and other soft tissue injuries
- Disfigurement or scarring
Our Fort Walton Beach personal injury lawyers are here to help you handle your legal claim for damages while you focus on your recovery.
How to Prove Fault in a Head-On Collision in Florida
If you suffer a serious injury, you can potentially step outside of Florida’s no-fault insurance system and recover compensation for the full extent of your damages. However, you will have to show that the other driver was at fault for the accident.
This may be established through strong evidence, such as:
- The accident report, which cites the other driver for a traffic violation
- Photos of the accident scene that show the location where the collision occurred and damage to the vehicles
- Eyewitness statements that corroborate your version of events
- Cell phone records that show the other driver was actively on a call or using data at the time of the accident
- Medical records that link your serious injuries to the accident
- Testimony from expert witnesses who use scientific information to recreate the accident
We have more than six decades of combined experience advocating for accident victims, so we know the evidence you need to establish your claim.
Compensation You Can Recover After a Fort Walton Beach Head-On Crash
Head-on collision victims often face serious consequences due to the collision.
You may be able to recover compensation for the full extent of the damages you have suffered, which may include:
- Medical expenses – Many head-on collision victims have a long road to recovery. They may require ongoing medical care and physical rehabilitation to relearn basic skills.
- Lost income – Head-on collision victims may take months or even longer to recover from their injuries. They can seek compensation for the income they lose while they recover.
- Pain and suffering – Long recovery periods often coincide with considerable pain and suffering, for which you can seek compensation.
- Property damage – You can also recover compensation to repair or replace your vehicle.
If your claim is based on wrongful death, you can seek compensation for burial and funeral expenses, lost support and services, loss of companionship and protection, and mental pain and suffering.
Contact Our Fort Walton Beach Head-On Crash Accident Lawyers For a Free Consultation
If you were injured in a head-on car accident or your loved one was tragically killed in a head-on collision, our compassionate Fort Walton Beach personal injury attorneys are ready to help.
We can tend to your legal claim and handle the at-fault party and their insurance company while you focus on your recovery or grief. We work on a contingency fee basis, so you are not responsible for paying any attorney fees until we recover compensation on your behalf.
You have nothing to lose by contacting us today to schedule a free case review.
Other types of car accidents that we cover are: