Call For A Free Consultation With Local Attorneys

Is insurance refusing to work with you after your car accident?

Were you in an auto collision that was not your fault? If you were, you likely expect the other driver's insurance to take care of you. If the other driver is uninsured, you certainly expect your own insurance to help you cover the losses you experienced in the car accident. Unfortunately, many Florida residents may find that insurance providers are only willing to pay out the bare minimum. If that happens to you, you do not have to take it.

Injuries suffered in a car accident can affect your ability to work, provide for your family and just enjoy life. The losses you experience can come at a significant financial, physical and emotional cost. Insurance providers do not really care about that, though. They tend to care more about their bottom lines and keeping shareholders happy. You do not have to fight insurance providers for fair and full compensation on your own. You can seek legal help in doing so.

How to seek coverage

After a wreck, you will need to file a claim with insurance as soon as possible. Some providers only give a 24 hour window to do this. Filing the claim is simple; you can usually do it online or over the phone. After the initial report, the insurance agency will start its investigation into the matter. To fully investigate the incident, they will need:

  • Every detail, does not matter how big or small, about the collision
  • Photos of the scene, if available
  • Witness information
  • Injury details

Some of this information you may not be able to gather on your own, especially if you've been transported to a medical facility for care. Law enforcement authorities should have the information you need to file your claim and answer an insurance provider's questions.

What happens after the investigation?

Generally, one of two things will happen after an investigation has come to a close. Either you will receive a settlement check, or an explanation of claim denial will arrive in your mailbox or inbox.

If the settlement check does not cover your losses or your claim is ultimately denied, you can file an appeal. If that does not get you anywhere, you can then take legal action to seek fair and full compensation by filing a personal injury claim in Florida civil court.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Father And Son Team Working Together To Serve Our Clients

Our legal team consists of attorney Wm. Dennis Brannon and his son C. Paul Brannon. We work together as a father and son team to provide our clients with exceptional service and solutions in motor vehicle accident claims and other personal injury matters.

Contact Us Today
Email Us For A Response

We Handle Cases on a Contingency Fee Basis Tell Us About Your Case - Free Consultations

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Fort Walton Beach
975 Mar Walt Drive
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547

Phone: 850-659-2252
Fax: 850-864-4526
Fort Walton Beach Law Office Map

544 US Highway 90 East
Defuniak Springs, FL 32433

Phone: 850-659-2252
Fax: 850-864-4526
Map & Directions